Best CBD Oil for Anxiety, Depression and Stress – Top 5 Brands in 2021
For many Americans, anxiety, depression, and stress can derail a normal, healthy lifestyle. Thanks to countless research studies, scientists are finding that CBD oil can be an added benefit in boosting mental health.
Anxiety, depression, and stress can be downright crippling. And with the added stress of today’s current health crisis, more Americans are looking for a safe, natural way to help boost their mental state.
CBD oil can be a fantastic way to help calm anxiety, stress, and depression . However, it seems the biggest issue here is finding the best brand. Over the years, CBD oil has skyrocketed in popularity, and because of that, a wealth of new brands have flooded the market. Sadly, not all brands are created equal. Many of today’s brands are not the best quality, and therefore, will not be effective against anxiety, depression, and stress.
But which brands rise to the top in today’s competitive CBD oil market? Read below to discover our top five picks.
Our Top 5 CBD Oils for Anxiety & Depression
- FAB CBD Oil: Best Quality and Most Potent
- CBDistillery: Known Product Diversity
- NuLeaf Naturals: High Product Potency
- cbdMD: Broad Spectrum Products
- Green Roads: Different Variety Products
How We Created Our CBD Oil for Anxiety List
The CBD oil industry is enjoying a steady rise in popularity. Sadly, with that popularity came an insurgence of inferior brands. While there are many reputable brands out on today’s market, there are also quite a few who are only interested in turning a quick profit.
Many of those inferior brands use a low-quality CBD extract that’s not only ineffective, but that’s also laden with dangerous chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, and solvents. Therefore, it’s highly important to put some time into researching every brand that you’re interested in.
We spent countless hours researching some of the top CBD oil brands on today’s market in order to help take some of the guesswork out of the process for our readers. We also spent quite a bit of time pouring over scientific studies so that we could best inform you exactly how CBD oil works to help with anxiety, depression, and stress.
When it came to putting our findings forth to our readers, we simply wanted to present them with solid facts and information that was free of sensationalism, embellishment, and hype.
In choosing our top CBD oils for anxiety, depression, and stress, we looked closely at:
- Quality and Source of Hemp: As you might expect, organic hemp sources are the best way to go. And while many places around the world grow hemp, not all hemp is grown according to the same standards. Therefore, brands that locally source their hemp have more control over its quality.
- Extraction Process: CBD can be extracted in a great number of different ways. Currently, the cleanest and best method is the Co2 extraction process. Other methods can and do leave dangerous chemicals in the extract. Co2 extraction results in extracts that are safe and pure.
- Full-Spectrum, Broad Spectrum, or CBD Isolate: Some brands offer full-spectrum products while others offer broad spectrum or CBD isolates. Full-spectrum and broad spectrum options contain beneficial terpenes, cannabinoids, vitamins, and nutrients, while isolates solely contain pure CBD. Unlike full-spectrum products, broad spectrum products and CBD isolates do not contain any THC. According to law, full-spectrum CBD products can only have less than 0.3% THC.
- Independent Third-Party Lab Tests: The best brands will always take on an independent third-party laboratory to test its products. These labs test and certify CBD oils for potency, purity, and quality. Third-party lab results show customers that a brand is committed to creating top quality products.
- Oil Potency: CBD oils come in different strengths and potencies. Some oils are stronger and more potent than others. These types of CBD oils are typically used by people who have difficult health issues that they are trying to tackle.
- Brand Reputation: In looking at brand reputation, we zeroed in on how transparent the brand was with its customers as well as the brand’s overall reputation among its customers. In looking at brand reputation, we also took into account the quality of the brand’s customer service.
- Price: In looking for a top-quality CBD oil, many customers also want to get the best value available. Therefore, we spent quite a bit of time focusing on the amount of CBD customers receive based on the amount of money they’re spending on a product.
In looking at all of our criteria, you can clearly see that our list is quite extensive. We spent a great deal of time and effort coming up with our top five CBD oil brands for anxiety, depression, and stress, and in the end, it was well worth it if we are able to help our readers choose a top-quality, reputable CBD oil brand that best suits their needs.
5 Best CBD Oils for Anxiety, Depression
#1 FAB CBD Oil: Best Quality and Most Potent
FAB CBD has been crafting top-quality, potent CBD oil since 2017. Even though the brand is still a relative newcomer, it has steadily grown to be one of the top brands in today’s CBD market.
FAB CBD has grown to have a loyal following that currently bests the followings of many of its long-standing competitors that have been in the market for quite some time. Along with crafting the best high-quality CBD products in the industry, FAB CBD also seeks to give its customers a fun and unique experience. In doing so, the brand has a diverse line of CBD products as well as a high-quality, potent line of full-spectrum CBD oils.
The team at FAB CBD holds high standards for their products and refuse to sacrifice quality for price. FAB CBD’s full-spectrum oils consist of a whole-plant extract that’s packed with beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals that are found within the hemp plant.
- Pure, organic hemp sourced from Colorado is used in all of FAB CBD’s products. In locally sourcing its hemp, the team at FAB CBD is able to have full control over its source of CBD.
- FAB CBD uses ProVerde Laboratories to test all of its products. The lab tests the brand’s extracts for potency, consistency, and purity. FAB CBD then makes those test results available for customers to find on its website. This not only signals to customers that the brand is committed to transparency, it also assures them that the products are clean and of high quality.
- All of FAB CBD’s full-spectrum oils have less than 0.3% THC in them. According to the law, full-spectrum CBD products must have less than 0.3% THC. In adhering to this law, FAB CBD is assuring to its customers that there are no mind-altering effects in its products that stem from an abundance of THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, the mind-altering compound found within the hemp and marijuana plants.
- FAB CBD’s oils come in a variety of different natural flavors. Along with a natural flavor, FAB CBD’s full-spectrum oils also come in vanilla, mint, citrus, and berry. Many customers find that it helps to use a flavored oil because the flavoring helps to mask the sometimes off-putting taste of hemp.
- Four Strength Options: FAB CBD’s oils come in a variety of different potencies including 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and its newest 2400mg.
FAB CBD is a well-known and popular brand among CBD users, and is also extremely highly respected within the CBD industry. The brand’s products are definitely more affordable than most while still being top-quality and a wonderful value for your hard-earned dollar.
- All of FAB CBD’s organic hemp is grown and harvested in Colorado
- All products are tested by an independent third-party lab
- Four different oil strengths are available to customers
- The oils come in a variety of natural flavors
- Products are affordable
- FAB CBD offers free shipping within the United States
- International shipping is also available
- FAB CBD has a wonderful 30-day, money-back guarantee policy
- Expedited shipping may cost extra and free shipping can sometimes run slow
- The lowest potency oil may not be effective enough to impact tough health or medical conditions
FAB CBD regularly receives a host of verified positive customer reviews from customers all throughout the United States and other countries over the world. Customers appear to love FAB CBD’s commitment to being fun and easy going in its product approach while also being committed to educating its customers on the many benefits that CBD has to offer.
Many long-standing customers all agreed that because FAB CBD’s products are affordable, they are most certainly a great value for their price. Customers also love the fact that FAB CBD’s offers its full-spectrum oils in many different potencies and natural flavors.
Finally, many customers have attested that they were able to feel relief from their anxiety, stress, and depression through regular use of FAB CBD’s full-spectrum CBD oils. They did, however, have to use higher potency oils in 1200mg or 2400mg potencies in order to achieve the best results possible.
#2 CBDistillery: Known Product Diversity
CBDistillery was started by a group of Colorado natives who are passionate about CBD and the health benefits that it offers. The brand’s mission is to craft top-quality, reasonably-priced CBD products from hemp that is grown in America.
The brand’s founders believe that everyone has a right to fairly priced, high-quality CBD products. On top of its full-spectrum CBD oils, the brand also retails other interesting CBD products as well as CBD isolates.
CBDistillery has a goal of bringing CBD into the mainstream population by using its very own Twitter hashtag to educate people on CBD’s many benefits.The brand’s full-spectrum CBD oils come in 250mg, 500mg, and 1000mg in 15ml bottles and 2500mg and 5000mg in 30ml bottles.
- Diverse product line: CBDistillery offers customers a wide array of full-spectrum oils, vapes, creams, capsules, and isolates.
- Pure, clean, potent products. Every one of CBDistillery’s products are non-GMO and full-spectrum.
- Third-party lab tested products. CBDistillery uses a third-party lab to test its products. Customers can easily find those results on the brand’s website.
- Locally sourced hemp. CBDistillery grows its own hemp in the most natural environment possible. What results is hemp that is GMO and pesticide-free that is completely safe for human consumption.
All of CBDistillery’s products contain less than 0.3% THC, so customers can have zero worries about getting high from using the full-spectrum oils. The brand’s oils come in 30ml bottles, which means that it is almost double that of other brands while still being effective.
- CBDistillery uses an independent lab to test its products. These results can be found by scanning the QR code that is printed on whatever product is purchased.
- The brand primarily offers full-spectrum products, but does, however, also offer some isolates.
- Products can be purchased both online and in specified retail locations.
- CBDistillery has a large range of products that include oils, gummies, soft-gels, creams, vapes, and capsules.
- Customers have reported shipping delays.
- The brand’s contact information is not easy to find on its website.
- Reddit reviews have not been very favorable towards the brand.
- The oil droppers that CBDistillery uses seem flimsy, which means that there is a potential for oil to be wasted.
Overall, customers are quite pleased with the variety and strengths of CBDistillery’s oils. They find them to be pure, effective, and fast-acting. The oils also do not contain any artificial flavors. The brand is highly transparent, and as such, allows both good and bad reviews to remain on its website. This lets customers know that CBDistillery values transparency with its customers.
Customers also value the fact that CBDistillery offers veterans a chance to experience its products by offering them a 10% discount. Moreover, the brand provides free shipping on orders.
#3 NuLeaf Naturals: High Product Potency
NuLeaf Naturals first came onto the market back in 2014. All of the brand’s CBD tinctures are created using pure, 100% organic Colorado hemp. The founders of NuLeaf Naturals are true plant medicine experts who set the brand’s mission to provide quality, easily accessible CBD to everyone so that they could improve their overall health and wellness.
This brand is a long-standing fixture within the CBD community that has supplied thousands of consumers with high-quality CBD oil products. The brand’s CBD oil, which uses organic hemp oil as a carrier, is 100% pure.
The team at NuLeaf Naturals are strict about their quality control policies, and always apply the best manufacturing processes possible. All of the brand’s organic hemp is grown and cultivated in Colorado. NuLeaf Naturals controls the creation process of its products from seed to sale.
- Locally grown organic hemp that hails from Colorado is one way that the brand tells its customers that they can trust in the quality and purity of its products. As stated earlier, NuLeaf is involved in the entire manufacturing process from seed to sale.
- A third-party lab is used to test all of the brand’s products. This not only ensures that all of the products are clean and potent, it also signals to customers that NuLeaf cares about what it’s selling its customers.
- There’s nothing extra in NuLeaf Naturals’ oils. Since the brand uses whole-plant extracts, it is able to craft a broad spectrum oil that contains both CBD as well as other beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
- The brand’s products are clean and free from dangerous chemicals and additives. NuLeaf Naturals’ products contain only CBD and organic hemp oil.
- NuLeaf Naturals’ oils come in a wide variety of strengths. The brand’s CBD oils come in 300mg, 900mg, 1800mg, 3000mg, and 6000mg. The 6000mg is one of the strongest and most potent oils on today’s market.
NuLeaf Naturals is trusted by many customers because the brand never fails to be consistent while delivering quality products. In fact, the brand has held its strong reputation since 2015.
- The brand uses organic hemp that is grown in Colorado
- All products are regularly tested by a third-party lab for both quality and consistency
- The products are broad spectrum, which means that customers still receive all of the benefits of CBD, terpenes, cannabinoids, and other nutrients without any worry about THC
- There are a great number of oil strengths available based on your health needs
- Free shipping in the United States
- International shipping is available to well over 40 different countries
- There are no flavor options available in the CBD oils
- Product prices run a bit high
- The brand’s return and refund policy needs work
Most of the verified customer reviews on NuLeaf Naturals ’ website are glowingly positive. The most common statement made by customers in those reviews is that even though the products come with a somewhat steep price tag, the overall quality of the products is worth the price.
Many customers also documented that their anxiety, stress, and depression were cut way down after using the brand’s 6000mg CBD oil. However, customers also found that even the 300mg oils were effective enough to produce positive results.
#4 cbdMD: Broad Spectrum Products
The founders of cbdMD believe in innovation and quality when it comes to CBD oil. While the exact start date of the brand is not widely known, what is known is that the brand has been around for quite a while.
cbdMD offers a wide variety of products that are 100% organic and pure. The brand uses Co2 extraction to ensure the purity of its extracts. Everyone at cbdMD believes strongly in transparency, and therefore, uses a third-party lab to test all of its products. The brand then posts both a certificate of analysis and the lab results on its website where customers can easily see them.
cbdMD creates broad spectrum products from organic hemp grown in Colorado. Because of this, no solvents are left behind in the final process. Instead, what’s left is a clean and pure extract that is full of terpenes, cannabinoids, vitamins, and minerals.
- cbdMD uses 100% pure organic hemp from Colorado to create its extracts.
- Independent third-party lab testing regularly happens. cbdMD uses ProVerde Laboratories to test all of its products for purity, potency, cleanliness, and quality.
- cbdMD supports the military as well as special needs customers. As part of its commitment to making CBD available to a wide population, cbdMD offers discounts to active and retired military as well as customers who are legally disabled.
Since cbdMD’s products are broad spectrum, they do not contain any THC in them. Therefore, they are a great option for those who are worried about THC levels in their body because of employment drug tests. The brand’s line of products are also ideal for anyone who desires pure CBD along with other beneficial cannabinoids.
- Broad spectrum products crafted from organic, locally grown hemp
- An independent lab is used to test all products
- cbdMD offers free shipping
- A 30% discount is offered for active and retired military, and a 40% discount is offered to legally disabled customers
- Customers are given limited third-party lab results
- Most all of the brand’s products tend to be a bit expensive
- The brand mainly sells broad spectrum products
- Customer service hours are not posted on the cbdMd’s website
- No international shipping
Customers really like the wide variety of products offered by cbdMD. It’s also important to customers that the brand is transparent in how it crafts its broad spectrum products. Therefore, many customers made a special mention of how they were pleased that cbdMD made the lab test results easy to find on its website.
Most customers were not pleased, however, that the price of the products were on the high side. Verified customer reviews also documented that they were extremely happy with cbdMD’s customer service department. The brand provides customers with a phone number that is free to use on its website.
Finally, many customers like that cbdMD has a 30-day, money-back guarantee as well as discounts for both active and retired military personnel and legally disabled individuals.
#5 Green Roads: Award-Winning Products
Green Roads came about back in 2013 after Laura Baldwin, a compound pharmacist, and her friend, Arby Barroso, a regular CBD user, wanted to create their own clean, effective, high-quality CBD products. Barrosso regularly took CBD to help him fight an opiate addiction that stemmed from a surgical procedure.
Green Roads offers a wide-array of products that include CBD oils, edibles, syrups, pet products, capsules, and topical creams. This large variety stems from the fact that Baldwin and Barroso realized that CBD had a huge potential to make a positive impact in the lives of individuals struggling with tough medical and health issues. To that end, Green Roads continues to be widely praised in many publications. The brand was also awarded the “Best CBD Product” award at the 2018 Cannabis Business Awards.
- Green Roads boasts award-winning products. As stated earlier, the brand received the “Best CBD Product” award at the 2018 Cannabis Business Awards.
- The brand offers a great number of discounts and awards. Green Roads offers a discount to veterans while also having a rewards program that enables customers to collect points every time they purchase products.
- Products are specially formulated. All of Green Road’s products are formulated by a pharmacist because the brand was founded by a pharmacist. Therefore, the products are high-quality, potent, and effective.
- Green Roads’ products are extremely diverse. Green Roads offers a wide variety of products including CBD oils, vapes, creams, syrups, edibles, pet products, and capsules.
Green Roads uses superior methods to obtain all of its hemp extracts. Moreover, the brand has an extremely friendly and helpful customer service department. The brand uses high standards and clean sourcing for all of its products.
- Great product diversity
- Strong line of CBD oils that go up to 3500mg
- Third-party lab testing on all of its products
- Competitive pricing
- Syringes allow for easy dosing
- The brand keeps strong customer contact by having a social media presence as well as by offering customers a phone number for customers to call should they have questions or concerns
- Products are not organic
- Some unfavorable reviews were left by customers about the company on Reddit
- Potency could be better
- Overall oil taste could be better
Green Roads’ CBD oils are highly concentrated, effective, and supported by a company that’s extremely transparent and that stands behind its products. To that end, the brand has hundreds of positive verified customer reviews on its website.
Customers like the fact that the brand has lots of options when it comes to CBD product offerings. Likewise, the brand’s founders were extremely careful when it came to the creation and formulation of its products.
The brand’s broad spectrum products are both affordable and effective, and customers have made many reviews attesting to that. Many customers also enjoy the fact that not only are the brand’s products available online, they’re also available in over 10,000 retail stores nationwide.
Finally, customers like the fact that the brand uses the very clean industry preferred Co2 extraction process. Moreover, many customers who are new to CBD love the fact that the brand offers a “Beginner’s Bundle” package that combines an assortment of different products for customers to try.
CBD Oil for Anxiety, Depression
According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America , anxiety is one of the most common types of mental illnesses in the United States. To date, over 40 million adults aged 18 and older struggle with anxiety disorders. The good news is that anxiety, depression, and stress are extremely treatable.
Some of the more common symptoms associated with anxiety disorder are shortness of breath, panic, feelings of helplessness, excessive sweating, and a racing heart. And while there are many options of treatment available that include regular exercise, eating a nutritionally sound and balanced diet, getting adequate amounts of sleep every night, and using methods such as meditation and yoga to help alleviate stress, many people still have a difficult time managing.
Since some of the prescription medications prescribed for anxiety, depression, and stress can be harsh or dangerous, more people are looking for safe, alternative methods to help treat the symptoms associated with anxiety and depressive disorders. The good news is that many studies have shown that CBD may be effective in the fight against these disorders.
In fact, full-spectrum oils help to calm anxiety by quieting a racing mind as well as reducing chronic pain. Likewise, CBD oil helps combat depression though its anti-stress properties. Encouraging research studies have found that while it can take antidepressants weeks to take effect, the calming effects of CBD are felt almost immediately. On top of that, CBD’s effects last longer and have fewer side effects than prescription antidepressants.
Stress is another dangerous condition because if left unchecked, it can cause many unwanted and deadly health issues including:
- Weight Gain
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Muscle Tension
- A Weakened Immune System
- Digestive Issues and Ulcers
While living through an occasional stressful situation is to be expected, chronic stress can take a serious toll on the body. Moreover, elevated levels of cortisol, (the stress hormone) in the brain can severely affect learning, memory, and cognition.
Much like anxiety and depression, multiple studies have shown that CBD can also help to quell many of the symptoms listed above.
How CBD Works to Help Alleviate Issues Related To Anxiety Disorders
The biggest impact that CBD has on depression and anxiety disorders is that it helps to promote relaxation. When endocannabinoid receptors in the body respond to CBD, a natural relaxation of the mind and body takes place.
There are specific receptors within the body that help to control serotonin levels . As healthy levels of serotonin levels are maintained, mood, energy, and overall stress levels will be greatly improved. Therefore, it’s important to maintain steady levels of serotonin in the body so that you can feel happier and more relaxed overall.
What is the Best Dosing for CBD for Anxiety?
Just like with any supplement or prescription medication, proper dosing of CBD is important as well. Before we begin discussing how to find your best dose, please remember that everyone’s body is different. So, a dose that might work well for you might not work as well for someone else. Also, mid-range doses have more benefits than higher or lower doses.
In beginning a CBD health regimen, you should begin low and increase slowly. A great place to begin is by taking a ½ a dropper full of CBD oil (roughly 5mg) once a day for a week. After a week, check in with yourself to see how you are feeling. If you feel that you are good where you’re at, then stay where you are. However, if you feel that more CBD is needed, then it’s time to increase the dose.
When you increase your dose, the next step is to go to 5mg of CBD twice a day for a week. After another week, go ahead and reassess. Then, if you feel so inclined, increase the amount of CBD as needed.
It’s important to know that you cannot overdose on CBD. Having said that, the body still needs an ample amount of time to get used to both the CBD as well as the dosing. So be patient and enjoy the journey!
Can CBD Oil for Anxiety Be Legally Purchased?
The quick answer to this question is, yes. The longer explanation is that it is legal to purchase CBD online as long as it was made from hemp and has less than 0.3% THC in it.
Closing Thoughts: Should You Use CBD Oil for Anxiety?
If you’ve been grappling with depression or anxiety disorders or chronic stress, then CBD oil might be a great way to introduce a safe, natural, effective remedy into your life. Moreover, CBD is a fantastic alternative to dangerous and sometimes addictive prescription medications.
Regardless of whether you suffer from anxiety, depression, or stress, you should put some serious thought into making CBD oil a regular part of your natural healthcare regimen. If you are confused as to where to begin, why not start by selecting some products from the top five brands profiled in this article. FAB CBD is an amazing brand to go with because in our research, we found that the FAB CBD is involved from seed to sale in the creation of all of its products. Additionally, FAB CBD’s full-spectrum oils are clean, potent, pure, and highly effective. Not to be outdone, but cbdMD came in as a solid second place.
While prescription medications for anxiety, depression, and stress can take weeks before the full effects can be felt, the calming effects of CBD can be felt almost immediately. If you have any questions or concerns about starting a CBD regimen, never hesitate to talk with your primary care physician or specialist.
CBD has a host of calming benefits associated with it. And, regularly incorporating it into your lifestyle will allow you to reap all of those many benefits. If you’ve been struggling with anxiety, depression, or stress, now’s the time to take advantage of the healing power of CBD.
A number of studies have shown that CBD oil is highly effective in treating anxiety, depression and stress in a host of beneficial ways.
Best CBD Oil for Anxiety: Benefits and Top Brands for 2021
Anxiety in itself isn’t anything bad. In fact, it’s a healthy reaction that humans have developed over the course of evolution as a protective mechanism against other predators.
Also known as the “fight or flight response,” anxiety can happen from time to time and is completely normal.
However, modern times are putting so much pressure on our shoulders that we are driven into anxiety on a daily basis—even though we face no life-threatening dangers.
Plants and herbs are known for their relaxing properties, but cannabis plants seem extremely helpful in curbing symptoms of anxiety and other stress-related disorders.
But how to find a high-quality product if you’ve never bought CBD oil before? How do you find a reputable brand in the sea of mediocre companies?
5 Best CBD Oils for Anxiety
In this guide, you’ll learn about the best CBD brands on the market today and everything you need to know about the benefits of CBD for anxiety disorders.
After hours of research, we’ve narrowed down this list to the top five vendors so you wouldn’t have to spend the same amount of time comparing prices, reading reviews and trying out all possible CBD oils
Check out the recommendations below.
1. Royal CBD – Top Pick
Our top pick, Royal CBD is a premium brand rooted in California that offers excellent value for money. Considering the wide potency selection of their CBD oil, the way the company processes its products and the effort put into testing its CBD range, it’s hands down top shelf.
Royal CBD oil is available in four strengths: 250 mg, 500 mg, 1000 mg and 2500 mg. Such a wide range of potency options makes this oil suitable for both new and experienced consumers alike.
This is a full-spectrum extract, so you’re getting the entire array of non-psychoactive cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids and only trace amounts of THC (below 0.3%).
Unlike many competitor brands, Royal CBD uses carbon dioxide in its supercritical form to extract the CBD oil. The CO2 runs through the plant material under different temperatures and pressure levels, changing its state from gas to liquid. From there, it diffuses into the air, leaving behind a cold, liquid extract.
All Royal CBD products are submitted to independent laboratories for extensive content analysis to ensure they’re safe to consume. The company also offers free shipping, as well as full refunds, for customers who aren’t satisfied with the product.
2. Gold Bee – Runner Up
Gold Bee is a true maverick among other CBD brands. The company offers organic-only CBD oils made from locally sourced hemp grown in Colorado. Although Gold Bee focuses on low-to-mid potency oils (up to 1200 mg of CBD per bottle), their formula has been mastered to perfection.
The guys at Gold Bee even use honey as a sweetener in their flavored versions of CBD oil. If you’re new to CBD, or have some experience but don’t need more than 40 mg CBD daily, their oils are among the best natural remedies for stress. You can also choose from Gold Bee’s high-potency capsules and delicious CBD-infused honey sticks.
3. CBDistillery – Runner Up
CBDistillery has been on the market for about six years now, upholding its reputation as one of the best CBD brands in the world. The company has an impressive selection of CBD oils, available as full-spectrum or pure oil (isolate).
You can choose from five different strengths, from 250 mg to 5000 mg of total CBD. But the best part about CBDistillery is that its products are highly affordable. The company’s mission is to provide education and access to CBD products for everyone who needs them. For example, the 250 mg bottle costs only $20, which is a great deal. For $240, you can get your hands on the maximum potency.
The only downside about this oil is that it’s not made from organic hemp, but considering the affordability of CBDistillery products, this is a minor disadvantage.
All in all, CBDistillery doesn’t sell the best CBD oil out there, but its extracts are without parallel in this price category.
4. NuLeaf Naturals
NuLeaf CBD oil is another veteran company, but unlike CBDistillery, it only makes full-spectrum CBD oil. Despite the modest product line up, the quality of the NuLeaf Naturals CBD oil is top-notch.
The oil is available in different sizes, from 240 mg to 4850 mg. We say “sizes” because each “potency” comes in a different bottle size. You actually get the same strength regardless of the size, so your choice here will be determined by the time you want to get yourself supplied for.
Another great thing about NuLeaf Naturals is that it uses organic hemp for all of its products. Each batch is tested by a certified lab to ensure that they deliver consistent potency and desired effects.
The oil is slightly bitter and nutty in taste because it uses full-spectrum CBD.
5. Charlotte’s Web
Charlotte’s Web is an almost legendary company, established by the Stanley Brothers, whose cannabis oil helped young girl Charlotte Figi come down from several seizures a day to a few attacks a month.
Charlotte’s Web CBD oil is certified by the U.S. Hemp Authority, ensuring it meets the highest quality standards.
The company’s products come from organic, non-GMO plants and are extracted with olive oil.
The oil is available in three concentrations, 300 mg, 750 mg, and 2580 mg, so the potency range is similar to Royal CBD. It has a dark green color and viscous consistency, which is a good indicator of its strength and overall quality.
You can choose between 30 ml and 100 ml bottles.
Almost every list of the best CBD oils on the market includes CBDPure. Unsurprisingly, we won’t break that pattern.
CBDPure is known for producing high-quality CBD products as well as unparalleled transparency. The CBDPure Hemp Oil has been extracted with CO2 and thoroughly filtered from the plant material, so it has a nice golden yellow color. However, it tastes surprisingly tart—a bit worse than other brands.
You can choose between three different strengths: 100 mg, 300 mg and 600 mg. The lowest potency provides 3.3 mg of CBD per serving. However, these are full-spectrum oils, so you get the synergistic effects from all cannabinoids and terpenes—resulting in lower effective doses.
What Is Anxiety?
As mentioned at the beginning, anxiety is a normal human response to dangerous stimuli. The “flight-or-flight” response covers an array of physical reactions, such as a rush of adrenaline, sweating, increased heartbeat and sensitivity to environmental triggers.
When the anxious feeling gets exaggerated compared to the seriousness of the trigger, the anxiety may turn into an anxiety disorder.
Once at that stage, the anxiety deteriorates to the point when a person’s daily function and mental health are heavily affected.
Common Types of Anxiety Disorders
There are four main types of anxiety disorders:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: This is a chronic ailment in which people get anxious for no specific reasons. It’s considered the most common anxiety disorder.
- Phobias: Phobias induce overwhelming fear about a specific situation or object. They often prevent people from engaging in normal situations due to that fear.
- Social Anxiety Disorder: This condition usually occurs when a person is among other people. It triggers an overwhelming worry about social interactions, causing fixation on being judged.
- Panic Disorder: Panic attacks strike randomly and are accompanied by symptoms like breathing difficulty, shaking, dizziness, tremors, confusion and nausea. It can last anywhere between a few minutes to an hour.
Symptoms of Anxiety Disorders
Wondering how to tell if you’re suffering from one of the above anxiety disorders? Below we share the full list of symptoms:
- Dry mouth
- Inability to stay calm
- Feelings of insecurity
- Heart palpitations
- Sleep problems
- Somatic complaints
- Tense muscles
What Causes Anxiety?
Anxiety disorders are very complex. Usually, there are several factors involved, including:
If you have a family member diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, there’s a risk that you may develop the same condition.
Changes in Brain Structure
Suffering from a traumatic events or genetic changes of the brain may cause an overexaggerated response to potentially neutral triggers. Scientists suggest that the majority of anxiety disorders derive from compromised communication between neurons.
Certain elements of your environment can worsen your anxiety. Some of the stress-inducing factors include chronic stress at work, at school or even at home. Sometimes, things like a bad financial situation or the loss of someone who was very close to you can also contribute to this medical condition.
When you don’t get enough sleep, it can also make your anxiety worse.
Just as traveling to high altitude areas, where the brain gets affected by low oxygen levels.
Sometimes, anxiety can result from another medical condition, prescription medications or health supplements you’re taking, or any other disease than can either change the structure of your brain or cause you to suffer from severe stress.
Can CBD Oil Help With Anxiety?
Dealing with anxiety can be a real pain.
For one, conventional anxiety treatments are very expensive, and their cost is continuously rising. If you want to get those meds prescribed to you, you’ll have to cover the cost by yourself before the insurance covers some part of it.
Not to mention that many prescription drugs used to manage anxiety can lead to a range of negative side effects. Don’t take our word for it, just see the list of contraindications or possible negative reactions on any popular medication, and you’ll see that it’s worse than what they’re trying to solve.
Of course, if you’re meds are helping you, and you don’t feel the need to make any changes, that’s fine. But some people either can’t take medications due to allergies or their anxiety just isn’t bad enough to qualify for prescription treatment.
It’s no wonder that some anxiety sufferers are turning to natural resources for relief.
CBD oil is one of them.
But the question is: Can CBD actually help with anxiety?
Research and a large portion of evidence from people with anxiety suggests that CBD oil may even be a better alternative to pills and shots for anxiety. Compared with those options, CBD oil has a low risk profile and the side effects are nearly nonexistent unless taken in extremely high doses.
How Does CBD Work?
Why is CBD oil a good option to consider as an alternative anxiety treatment?
Because CBD regulates the body’s endocannabinoid system, which is the most important neurochemical network inside the body—it controls vital functions, such as memory, mood, sleep, immune response, cognition, appetite, pain and more.
When the body is in homeostasis—a fancy word for chemical balance—it can stay in good health.
However, if there are imbalances in your neurochemicals, they may give rise to anxiety. It also works the other way round; when you suffer from a traumatic event, your receptors and neurons get out of whack, and your body starts to seek something that would restore that balance.
This is where CBD starts to shine.
CBD and the 5-HT1A Receptor
CBD is a 5-HT1A agonist. In other words, 5-HT1A works a serotonin receptor and is responsible for the way your body absorbs serotonin.
It’s also the target of the most popular antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs, which belong to the group of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs).
SSRIs can block the reuptake of serotonin, increasing the brain’s ability to transfer more signals, improve mood and curb anxiety. CBD has a similar effect on 5-HT1A.
CBD and Hippocampal Neurogenesis
Your hippocampus is the region in your brain that modulates several functions. One of them is the ability to regenerate neurons. CBD can help stimulate the hippocampus and thus improve its functioning.
This is particularly important for patients diagnosed with anxiety, as they often show smaller hippocampus plasticity. By stimulating the regeneration of neurons, there’s a chance that fearful behaviors will be minimized.
CBD and GABA
Australian scientists have found that CBD is a “positive allosteric modulator” of the GABA-A receptor in the brain.
In simple terms, GABA is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter in the human central nervous system. It works as the handbrake for our brain to slow the nervous system down when we get too agitated. The sedating effects of Valium and other benzodiazepines are triggered by their interaction with the GABA-A receptor.
By modulating this receptor, CBD can amplify the natural calming effect of GABA and reduce anxiety.
CBD and Anandamide
Anandamide is one of the two main endocannabinoids (produced inside your body). It has almost the same structure as THC, the main psychoactive compound in cannabis.
Anandamide is also known as “the bliss molecule,” as it controls feelings of happiness, euphoria, and keeps us in emotional stability—on top of many other functions. CBD helps keep the levels of anandamide at the right level, reducing mood swings and emotional outbursts.
Studies on CBD Oil and Anxiety
Anxiety is one of the best studied areas when it comes to using CBD oil.
A 2010 study on social anxiety showed that CBD has the potential to reduce symptoms in people diagnosed with a social anxiety disorder. The substance also changed the way the patients reacted to anxiety—of course, in a positive way.
In a 2014 study, scientists concluded that CBD has anti-anxiety and antidepressant effects. Although the study was conducted on rat models, it gave an interesting insight into the management of anxiety disorders in humans.
CBD was also highlighted in this 2015 report published in Neurotherapeutics as the next potential treatment for anxiety disorders and its symptoms.
It’s worth noting that all of the above studies examined high-quality pure CBD oil. This is particularly important for our next section.
What Determines the Quality of CBD Oil?
CBD oil isn’t regulated by the FDA in the United States. Even though it may be more effective in managing anxiety disorders than conventional treatment options, it’s still considered a health supplement—not a medication.
Similar to other food supplements, it may be difficult for consumers to know if the CBD oil they’re using is actually pure.
You could be taking CBD-laced oil full of synthetic additives and you wouldn’t even know it because supplements aren’t subject to obligatory lab testing, unlike prescription anxiolytics.
If you want to make sure that you’re getting exactly what you’re buying, you’ll need to learn how your oil was manufactured. This includes the following elements:
Cannabis plants have the ability to absorb anything from their environment. When grown in contaminated soil and treated with pesticides, they will yield weak and contaminated extracts.
If you want a pure and potent oil, always buy from companies that use organic hemp plants, preferably those cultivated on American farms.
Brands have different extraction methods and ways of processing CBD extracts. As much as possible, choose brands that employ supercritical CO2 extraction, as it’s considered the safest and the most effective way to obtain CBD oil.
Avoid companies that use toxic solvents such as butane or propane, as they carry a high risk of contamination due to the unpurged residue at the bottom of the oil.
Third-Party Lab Tests
Trustworthy CBD oil brands should proudly publish third-party lab results on their websites or attach them to the product’s package. Third-party testing ensures that your oil contains exactly what’s written on its bottle—they analyze the potency of CBD and look for common contaminants in the end product.
Getting a CBD product tested by an independent laboratory will serve as evidence of its quality.
How to Use CBD Oil for Anxiety
One of the most common questions about using CBD oil for anxiety is “How much CBD oil should I take?”
There are no official guidelines because everybody reacts differently to CBD. Factors such as the individual’s age, weight, severity of symptoms and lifestyle choices can affect your effective dose.
Dosing CBD oil for the first time requires some trial and error. For maximum safety, consider the following steps:
- Take basic measurements such as your weight and height.
- Determine the severity of your anxiety on a scale from 1 to 10.
- Start your supplementation with one drop of CBD oil.
- Increase your dosage slowly by, say, two drops each day for a few weeks and write the effects down. Monitor how you react to CBD with every single dose.
- Don’t rush it. Sometimes, the effects of CBD are almost immediate, but for most people, dramatic changes in the way you feel become noticeable after a few days or weeks.
- Consult your doctor before buying any CBD product. This will help you make sure that there are no drug interactions between CBD and other medications if you take them together.
- A study on social anxiety reports that 600 mg is an effective dose in relieving the condition. However, there are also studies that recommend taking much lower doses to improve the symptoms.
- If you suffer from severe pain and sleep problems , you may need to take higher doses of CBD because it affects these areas of your well-being as well.
- Some people dislike the taste of CBD oil and feel uncomfortable with taking the supplement in this form. If you’re one of them, opt for other formats, such as capsules, vape oils, or CBD gummies .
Possible Side Effects of CBD Oil
CBD oil is considered generally safe and poses no threat of addiction, according to the World Health Organization.
The side effects of CBD oil are mild and include:
- Dry mouth
- Temporary drop in blood pressure
- Sedation (in high doses)
- Diarrhea (from large amounts of oil)
The main risk about using CBD oil for anxiety is the lack of regulation by the FDA. Without regulation, you’re putting yourself at risk of exposing yourself to synthetic cannabinoids or toxic additives in your extract without even knowing it.
Another potential concern is the aforementioned interaction between CBD and medical drugs. CBD engages with them in a similar fashion as grapefruit juice. With that in mind, we suggest that you talk to your doctor first, particularly if you have any other ongoing medical conditions.
If your doctor gives you the green light, you can start looking for CBD oil online or locally.
Final Thoughts on Using CBD Oil for Anxiety
Managing anxiety with CBD oil has become popular these days. With a growing body of evidence backing the positive effects of CBD on an individual’s mental health, it’s not surprising that more and more people are turning to CBD for help.
If you’re planning to buy CBD oil online or in local shops near you for your anxiety symptoms, make sure it comes from a reputable brand that’s open about its manufacturing practices and has lots of positive reviews.
CBD oil is also effective in managing other functions, such as blood pressure, sleep cycle and glucose levels.
It’s a good choice if you want to live a healthy and happy life.
We hope that you’ll find this guide useful for your future purchases!
Thousands of people use CBD oil to fight stress and anxiety. If you’re looking for the best CBD oil to ease your symptoms, then this guide is for you.